(약 5:12-14) GATHERING FOR PRAYER 기도하기 위해 모이는 것 > 말씀과삶

본문 바로가기

말씀과삶

June 14, 2023 . OCH (약 5:12-14) GATHERING FOR PRAYER 기도하기 위해 모이는 것

본문

Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. ㅡ James 5:14

그는 교회의 장로들을 청할 것이요 그들은 주의 이름으로 기름을 바르며 그를 위하여 기도할지니라 (약 5:14) 

When I learned that my cancer had returned, it was just a few days before a significant youth event that I was coordinating at our church. So I decided to keep the news close, in a small circle, and not distract people from the ministry event. My colleague, however, pleaded with me to let the elders and the church family pray.

암이 재발했다는 소식을 들었을 때, 우리 교회에서 기획하고 있던 중요한 청년부 행사를 며칠 앞둔 상황이었습니다. 그래서, 그 소식을 가까운 몇몇 사람들에게만 알리고, 다른 사람들이 교회 행사를 진행하는데 방해가 되지 않게 해야겠다고 마음 먹었습니다. 하지만 제 직장 동료들은 장로와 교회 가족들이 함께 기도할 수 있도록 알리게 해달라고 부탁해왔습니다.

For many people who receive bad news about serious illness, their first instinct is to try to handle it on their own. But that is not God's design for the body of Christ. Instead, James instructs us to call the set-apart leaders, bring the people together, confess our sins, anoint with oil, and pray for healing.

중병에 대한 나쁜 소식을 들으면, 대부분의 사람은 본능적으로 자기만의 방식으로 그 일을 다루려고 합니다. 그러나 그것은 그리스도의 지체들을 향한 하나님의 계획이 아닙니다. 대신, 야고보는 우리에게 담당 지도자들을 불러 사람들을 모으고, 우리의 죄를 고백하고 기름을 바르며 치유를 위해 기도하라고 가르칩니다.

The prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective, and the prayer of faith can help make the sick person well. We believe God can heal ㅡ and often does ㅡ and yet we also know that faithful people can become terribly sick and die. How do we reconcile this reality with the promises of this passage.

의로운 자의 기도는 능력이 있고 효험이 있습니다. 믿음의 기도는 병든 자를 건강하게 하는데 도움이 됩니다. 하나님은 우리를 치유할 수 있으며, 또한, 우리의 병을 고쳐 주십니다. 물론, 신실한 믿음의 사람이 심하게 앓다가 죽는 경우도 있습니다. 우리는 이런 현실과 오늘 본문에 드러난 약속을 어떻게 조화롭게 받아들일 수 있을까요? 

Perhaps the wellness of the sick person and the effectiveness of the prayer go deeper than the physical condition. When I allowed the elders to lead a healing prayer service on my behalf, I felt loved, secure in God's presence, and comforted that I had partners for the journey ahead.

병든 자의 회복과 기도의 효험은 단순히 육체적 조건 그 이상으로 심오한 것입니다. 장로들을 청해 저를 대신하여 치유를 위한 기도를 부탁했을 때, 제가 사랑받고 있음을, 하나님의 임재 가운데 안전함을, 그리고 남은 일생의 여정에 함께 할 사람들이 있음에 큰 위로를 받았습니다. 

You do not have to endure your suffering alone; reach out for prayer.

당신이 겪고 있는 고통을 혼자 감당하려 하지 마세요. 기도를 부탁하기 위해 손을 내밀어 보세요.

PRAYER (기도)

Lord, thank you for the family of faith. May we pray in faith for you to work mightily in whatever way you will. Amen.

주님, 믿음의 가족들을 허락하심에 감사합니다. 주께서 뜻하신 대로 능력있게 일할 수 있도록 믿음 가운데 우리가 기도하게 하소서. 아멘