(약 5:15-16) CONFESS AND PRAY 고백과 기도 > 말씀과삶

본문 바로가기

말씀과삶

June 27, 2023 . OCH (약 5:15-16) CONFESS AND PRAY 고백과 기도

본문

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. ㅡ James 5:16

이러므로 너희 죄를 서로 고하며 병 낫기를 위하여 서로 기도하라 (약 5:15-16) 

I remember a day when I jumped to a faulty conclusion and yelled at our six-year-old daughter for something she did not do. I needed to apologize. Following our family pattern, I found my self saying I was sorry and then sitting on the time-out bench!  Apologizing to my child was surprisingly awkward, but it helped establish a trust we still enjoy today as adults. Our relationships will be closer if we can share our brokennessㅡ there is an intimacy that comes from confession. 

내가 성급히 잘못된 결론을 내려서 여섯살 난 딸이 하지도 않은 일에 대하여  소리를 질렀던 어떤 날을 기억합니다. 나는 그 일에 대하여 사과해야만 했습니다. 우리 가족이 평소에 하던대로 나는 사과하고 벌 받는 의자에 앉아 있었습니다. 내 아이에게 사과한다는 것은 참으로 거북했습니다. 그러나 그 일은 오늘 아직 어른이 되어서도 우리가 누리는 신뢰 관계를 만들 수 있도록 도와주었습니다. 우리가 우리의 상한 마음을 나눌 수 있다면 그 관계는 더 가까워 질 것입니다. 고백함으로 오는 친밀함이 바로 그것입니다.   

No one enjoys admitting they are wrong. We hope our spouse or kids or friends will overlook our shortcomings and not call us out for our inconsistencies. We want to preserve the illusion of having our life pulled together. No one wants to say, "I was wrong, and I'm sorry!"

누구도 자신이 틀리다는 것을 인정하는 것이 유쾌하지 않습니다. 우리는 우리 배우자, 자녀, 혹은 친구들이 우리의 단점을 간과하고 우리의 모순에 대하여 큰 소리를 지르지 않기를 바랍니다. 우리는 우리의 인생이 언제나 차분히 정돈되어 있다는 환상을 유지하고 싶어합니다. 누구도 "내가 틀렸어요. 미안해요"라고 말하고 싶어하지 않습니다.

But by avoiding those painful words, we miss the blessing that follows. When a wound is cleaned, the healing can begin. If we live with sin festering in our life, we miss the healing and wholeness that God has made available to us.

그러나 그런 고통스런 말들을 피한다면 우리는 그 일 후에 올 축복을 놓치게 됩니다. 상처가 씻기면 치유가 시작될 수 있습니다. 그러나 만약 우리가 우리 삶에 곪고있는 죄를 지니고 살아간다면 우리는 하나님이 우리에게 베푸시고자 하는 치유와 건강을 놓치게 됩니다.

James tells us the next step after confession is also important for healing ㅡwe must also pray for each other. It's hard to be angry with someone for whom we are honestly praying. By asking God to work through each other to advance his kingdom, we might find we can forgive as we have been forgiven.   

야고보는 고백이 치유에 중요하다고 말한 후에 다음 단계를 말해 줍니다. 우리는 또한 서로를 위해 기도해야 한다는 것입니다. 우리가 진정으로 기도하고 있는 누군가에게 화를 내기는 어렵습니다. 하나님 나라 확장을 위해 서로를 통하여 역사하시도록 하나님께 기도함으로써 우리는 우리가 용서받은 것처럼 우리도 용서할 수 있음을 알게 됩니다.

PRAYER (기도)

Gracious Lord, grant us the courage to admit our failings and to confess them to one another. Help us to forgive each other and to pray for those whom you have placed in our lives. Amen.

은혜의 주님, 우리의 실수들을 받아들이고 서로 그것들을 고백할 용기를 주옵소서. 서로 용서하고 주께서 우리 삶 중에 두신 사람들을 위하여 기도하게 도와 주옵소서. 아멘.